Prompt: Bullet your entire day.
Boring. I don’t know why anyone would want to read this but whatever. I’m not going to mess up my streak here. I think I’ve done something similar before but for a work day. So I decided to bullet point Sunday. A Sunday with the kids home.
- Midnight and I’m watching SNL with Dusty. Nodding off but she’s making sure I wake up in time to unmute it when the commercials stop.
- 1am – finally time to go to sleep!
- 8:30am – I wake up. The sun is shining which is how it should always be. I do not like getting up and finding it’s still dark outside. I interrupt a dream of Red and I taking a train ride and being waylayed in Danville. The next train home isn’t for hours and a stranger suggests I consider the bus. One leaves for Richmond in half an hour. I wake on my way to the station office.
- 8:45-10:00am – I turn on the coffee, make a pit stop, feed the cats, get the paper, fix my coffee and sit to do my morning writing. Usually, I set the timer for 10 minutes. On weekends, I don’t time myself. I write as long as I want. This morning, Red wakes up while I’m writing so I don’t get as much done as I’d hoped but this is my fault. I skim the paper – bad news, Paris news – finish my second cup of coffee, get in the shower. Let the cats in and out.
- Late morning- I make a bagel. I check on the ailing guinea pig and discover he’s left us for the Great Beyond. Goodbye, dear Cloud! You were a good guy. I’m so glad Saturday was warm enough so that you could experience one last day in the grass! I clean the back gutters. Let the cats in and out. Tidy and gather laundry. Decide not to go to the dump.
- Noonish – Mom comes to visit. She’s brought dangerous heating elements and colored wax. An encaustic art project ensues. I do laundry, sweep the deck, clean out the guinea pig cage for the final time, dig a hole for the coffin, put the Halloween lights away.
- 2:00pm – Mom leaves and Red and I go to the grocery store. I am starving, having forgotten to eat lunch. I have some hummus with pretzel crackers and read a book. Let the cats in and out.
- 3:30pm – We bury Cloud. I read and monitor the laundry.
- 5:00pm – I start dinner. We eat and disperse.
- 8:00pm – Red and I watch The Simpsons and I’m annoyed that it’s a mashup episode with Futurama, a show I don’t like. But I watch it anyway.
- 8:30-9:00pm – Red goes to bed. Slowly. Reluctantly.
- 9:00-10:00pm – Dusty and I watch part of an Indiana Jones movie.
- 10:00pm – Dusty goes to bed. I set up my coffee pot for the morning. Take my allergy meds. Make sure the cats are out. Turn off lights. Crawl into bed. Read.
- 11:00pm – Good night!