Prompt: Ten interesting facts about yourself.
- I’m an old dog but I’ve learned a lot of new tricks in the last year.
- I find people really interesting and curious. Even people I despise. I wonder how they think, why they believe what they do. I want to know the backstory.
- I love old things: houses, places, objects. I like things that other people, long ago, loved and made. I have never understood those people on house shows that don’t want a house that’s been lived in by other people. People who will even change out an entire toilet (not just the seat – the entire thing!) because it’s been used by others. How do those people function out in public?
- I can’t stand to let battery powered things (laptop, phone) get below 80%. I like things charged at 100% at all times. You just never know when the electricity will go out. My kids think I’m insane. They don’t start to panic until their devices register 17% or less.
- I feel the same way about my bank account. If it gets below a certain amount, I panic. It always gets below that amount. I’m still relatively okay but it doesn’t keep me from worrying deep into the night.
- I like to sleep in complete darkness. Naked. It’s more comfortable. I don’t know how people can stand wearing anything when they sleep. Don’t they get all tangled up?
- While I can stop hating people who’ve wronged me, I still haven’t come to grips with the idea of forgiveness. Or maybe it’s the same thing. I don’t really know. What confuses me the most are people who hate me for things I actually never did. I hate being misunderstood more than just being hated because I’m weird or boring or uncool or just not their cup of tea.
- I’m terrified of dying before I’ve done what I’m supposed to do. And I don’t know what that is yet so I’m especially freaked out at the thought of sudden death. I have to clean out my gutters this weekend. I will be extra careful not to jinx myself.
- I have a feeling I’ll finish out my life never having experienced a real loving relationship (children excepted). I am envious of people who seem to have found it. What’s their secret? Or is it just sheer luck?
- Things are better than they used to be. Inside, where you can’t see. Outside, things are still a little precarious.