Things that have made this week worth getting up for:
1. Receiving a completely unexpected compliment from someone whose opinion matters to me.
2. Buying gas for $2.14/gallon.
3. Purchasing local goats’ milk soap.
4. Winning the baby picture contest at the office holiday party and then being allowed to go home at 2pm.
5. Having all the Xmas shopping (and wrapping of gifts) completed.
6. Making plans to see people whose company I enjoy over the holiday break.
7. Knowing that after tomorrow, we can all sleep late until January 5th.
8. Knowing that I’ll have a week with my kids just hanging out and a week without them.
9. Spending a day walking in the woods in silence and not having to come up with small talk with strangers and not having to talk about the experience at the closing circle.
10. Knowing that I’ve learned a lot about myself and others this year and will begin 2015 making better choices for myself. I can already hear the Phoenix rising out of the ashes of 2014.